Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bleu-Browns 'n Eggs

Okay, so this is a pretty delicious invention I cooked up today. I had a hankerin' for some eggs and hashbrowns, but it seemed too boring to me. Fortunately, I found some leftover bleu cheese crumbles in our fridge from the day before when we made Buffalo Celery Sticks (delicious), and I decided to put them up on top of the hashbrowns I was making. By the way, I totally flipped these hashbrowns over like a pancake. It was the coolest thing I've ever done. Anyway, it looked like this:



Eggs on one side (I broke the yolk on one of the eggs, whoops), and Bleu-Browns on the other. But how do you plate this?



Like this! Eggs go on top, and melt the cheese more. Delicious. I was a little skeptical about the taste of bleu cheese and eggs and hashbrowns, but I think it turned out pretty good!

3 comments:

jenny. said...

mmm you and the breakfast food-- looks delicious!

jen said...

wow! that looks great.

Lisa Johnson said...

What a beautiful breakfast! And I love love the idea of your blog! I think I'm a foodie who wants to be an artsie! ; )